This is a super simple chocolate cake recipe. The amount will create 6 cupcakes or 1 x 8 inch cake. If you would like to create more cake layers or cupcakes, simply double the quantities in the recipe.
Simple Chocolate Cake
- 100 g Room temperature butter
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 20 g Cocoa powder
- 80 g Self-raising flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees (fan)
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Whisk the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Fold in the baking powder, cocoa powder and flour.
- Place in a greased cake tin or cupcake cases and bake in the oven. The cupcakes generally take 14 minutes with a larger cake taking between 15 and 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before decorating.
Once your cakes are cooked, you can decorate with buttercream.
For ideas of how you might want to decorate your cakes, or for more chocolate cake recipes, have a look at the links below: