A simple step by step guide to making 12 CupcakesJump to Recipe
Vanilla cupcakes are something that I always fall back on when I’m not sure what to bake. This recipe for 12 easy vanilla cupcakes is definitely my go to. They can be decorated in so many different ways and the recipe can also be used to make a larger cake.
You can colour vanilla cupcakes to make bright and vibrant cakes or simply leave plain. I’ve linked some ideas below that you might want to try out or simply take a look at my Instagram feed for inspiration and use the 12 easy Vanilla Cupcakes recipe.
Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
- 200 g softened butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees (fan assisted) or 190 degrees (not fan assisted).
- Put 12 cupcake cases in a cake baking tray.
- Combine the butter and sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Fold the self-raising flour into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, then allow to cool before decorating.
Why not try adding your own twist to the recipe by adding in some additional elements?
- Confetti sprinkles can be added to the cake mix for bright ‘funfetti’ cakes
- White chocolate chips and dried cranberries would be a lovely christmas combination
- Milk or dark chocolate chips are a classic addition and easy to add in before baking
- Try adding a food colouring to the cake mix after combining all ingredients
Ingredients and Equipment
The ingredients for this recipe can be picked up at a local supermarket like Asda or your local small shop.
No special equipment was used other than an electric whisk and online stores like Amazon have a great selection of these across various price ranges.
Did you Know?
I used to bake batches of 12 cupcakes on a regular basis and decorate them all at once. That was until I discovered that you can actually freeze the cupcakes for up to 3 months! Simply divide into sealed food bags, freeze and take out to decorate when needed. As a family of 3, 12 cupcakes were just too much and we’d either be tempted to eat them all or end up throwing some away. Freezing them completely cuts down on that unnecessary waste and means you can just decorate what you need.